Daintree on a Budget
Experience the oldest living Rainforest on the planet during this Daintree on a Budget Tour! Visit a tropical wonderland that includes 95 kms of magnificent coastal rainforest and beautiful tropical beaches. Stretching from Mossman to the Bloomfield River and all within 2 and a half hours from Cairns.
Explore the Oldest Living Rainforest in the World!
You will travel from Cairns to Cape Tribulation which is the headland of the Daintree National Park. This is where two UNESCO world heritage listed areas meet. The Daintree Rainforest Wetlands and Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
First you will travel along one of the most scenic coastal roads in Australia. The Captain Cook Highway, otherwise known as Great Barrier Reef Drive.
Experience Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas. You will join a guided tour and see the endangered cassowary and other wildlife. You will have the opportunity to have your photo taken holding a koala, snake or crocodile (extra cost).
To read more about the Daintree and view other awesome Daintree Rainforest tours click HERE!
- 06:45 – Bus transfers commence from Cairns City accommodation
- 0845 – Arrive at The Wildlife Habitat (Port Douglas)
- 1100 – Cross Daintree River on cable-driven ferry
- 1215 – Cape Trib Beach House for a Tropical Lunch
- 1315 – Cape Tribulation Beach and Rainforest boardwalk
- 1535 – Alexandra Lookout
- 1600 – Depart north side of Daintree River Cruise
- 1700 – Depart South side of Daintree River Cruise
- 1800 – Arrive Port Douglas Accommodation
- 1900 – Arrive back to Cairns
- Please note times are approx only
- Pickup and Return to Cairns Accommodation
- Scenic Coastal Dive
- Wildlife Habitat
- Tropical Lunch
- Cape Tribulation Beach
- Rainforest Walk
- Alexandra Lookout
- Daintree River Cruise
- Qualified, knowledgeable and experienced Driver Guides
- All National Park Fees and Levies
What to bring
- Insect repellent
- Water Resistant 15+ sunscreen
- Walking shoes
- Swimming costume
- Towel, snacks and money for drinks & meals
- Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to travel unless accompanied by an adult