Cairns’ magnificent Tidal Estuary, Trinity Inlet
Only accessible by boat, the Cairns Harbour Cruise onboard M.V. Crocodile Explorer is a comfortable, air-conditioned vessel taking small numbers of visitors along Trinity Inlet on this scenic nature cruise.
Cairns Harbour Cruise winds through a 300 square kilometre maze of mangroves, rich in diverse wildlife, with stunning scenery and informative commentary
This is the saltwater crocodile’s natural habitat – with a chance to spot them basking on the muddy banks particularly in the cooler months.
Cairns Harbour Cruise departs daily at 1.30pm for a 2 hour cruise.
Tour Itinerary & Inclusions
- Explore Trinity Inlet – a remote picturesque wilderness right on Cairns doorstep
- Informative commentary from friendly and knowledgeable crew
- Relax on a scenic calm water cruise while crocodile and bird spotting
- Learn about the life of a crocodile, including their breeding habits with the possibility of seeing crocodiles in their natural habitat, particularly in the cooler months
- Cruise along the Cairns Harbour waterfront learning about the points of interest and the history of the harbour
- Enjoy stunning scenery of the estuary, mangroves, rainforest and mountains
- Relax in the air-conditioned comfort of the MV Crocodile Explorer, with internal cabins and external viewing areas
- Perfect for all weather conditions
- Fully licensed bar on board with snacks and souvenirs available
- Convenient 2 hour tour with daily departure from Cairns at 1.30pm
- Enjoy complimentary morning or afternoon tea
- Free Family Fun Package for children
- If making own way, check in is 1pm at our desk in the Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns.
- Coach transfers are available for an additional cost from Cairns & Northern Beaches accommodation.
Harbour Cruise & Dundee's Lunch
Why not combine your Harbour Cruise with a lunch at the famous Dundee’s Restaurant on the Waterfront. Lunch is served at 12.00 noon before departure of the cruise.
Your lunch consists of 2 courses either Entrée + Main with Tea & Coffee OR Main + Dessert with Tea or Coffee.
Soup of the day Please ask our staff for the Chef’s special soup of the day
Calamari Rocket & Apple Salad Calamari Coated in Dundee’s Special Seasoning Lightly Fried Served With Tom Yum Mayo and Served With Rocket and Shredded Apple Salad
Roast Duck Spring Rolls Shredded Roast Duck, Rice Noodles & Mixed Julienne Vegetables Rolled In Spring Roll Pastry with Chilli, Lime & Coriander Dipping Sauce And Asian Coleslaw
BBQ Marinated Octopus Tossed in a salad of Sweet Onions, Roast Red Pepper, Black Olives and Wild Rocket with Crumbled Feta
Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli
Pasta Filled with Spinach and Ricotta Cheese with a rich Tomato Sauce, drizzled with Basil Pesto
Dundee’s Bolognaise Spagettini
Dundee’s own home made mince made into a rich tomato meat sauce tossed with spagettini and finished with wild rocket and grated parmesan cheese
Garlic Mussel Linguine **Gluten Free pasta available**
Steamed Southern Blue mussels in garlic, white wine and cream, tossed with Linguine
Bacon & Mushroom Linguine**Gluten Free pasta available** Sautéed Bacon, Mushroom & Baby Spinach in A White Wine & Creamy Sauce, Finished With Green Eschallots
Steak Burger Chargrilled Sirloin Steak, Fresh Grated Beetroot Tomato and Lettuce and Swiss Cheese, and Paw Paw Chutney in a Crusty Roll Served With Fries
Vanilla ice cream with strawberry coulis and almond biscotti
**Children’s menu available on request**
Maybe you would like to experience the Sunset Harbour Cruise for a relaxing beginning to an evening in Cairns