RAINFOREST 4WD ADVENTURE
If you have limited time and want to escape the crowds while experiencing a true Tropical Rainforest and hidden wonders that surround Cairns, then jump aboard our rainforest 4WD Adventure for this exclusive and spectacular half day tour.
During your Rainforest 4WD Adventure you will be visiting the Rainforest and the mighty Barron falls, including the 234 metre high Surprise Falls. With exclusive access permits you will be visiting areas not open to the public.
After ascending the Lamb Range west of Cairns it is time to stop at Lake Morris Lookout enjoying spectacular views over the city of Cairns and towards Green Island.
From here we will head to the unique and outstanding location of Lake Morris and Copperlode Dam, (Cairns water supply) surrounded by World Heritage rainforest clad mountains. After stretching your legs it is time to cross the dam wall where we begin our four-wheel drive journey, winding through the tropical Rainforest and over the Great Dividing Range heading to Clohesy boardwalk on the way stopping to view ancient King Ferns.
Your Guide will interpret the rainforest surrounds and introduce you to the giant strangler fig tree which is hundreds of years old. Next stop is Kuranda where we will enjoy a short driving tour of the village.
It is now time to head to the World Heritage listed Barron Gorge national park for more spectacular photo opportunities of the might Barron falls and stunning Wrights lookout. Returning to Cairns via the Wet Tropics World Heritage drive on the Kuranda range stopping at the breathtaking Henry Ross Lookout before arriving back in Cairns.
Included in your Rainforest 4WD Adventure
Return transfers to and from Accommodation
- Small group (max 9) offering unrivalled, friendly and personalized service
- Air Conditioned comfortable late model 4WD Vehicle
- National Park Fees & Permits
- Morning or Afternoon tea
- 5 stunning lookout points for photo’s
- 2 Waterfalls- Surprise and the Barron Falls
- Rainforest Boardwalk- Guided walk in a very private section of rainforest
- World Heritage Rainforest
- Soft Off-Road Four Wheel Driving through creeks and rivers
- Clohesy River Fig Tree
- Experienced Local Naturalist/Accredited Tour Guides
- Chilled bottled water on board
- Umbrellas if required