Our Cairns to Cooktown 4WD Adventure offers an exciting, fun-filled and informative day tour from Cairns to Cooktown. Enjoy magnificent views and visits to iconic locations as we journey in our air-conditioned, purpose-built 4WD coach. Even better, we cater specifically to small groups with a limit of just 15 passengers.
A professional driver and full commentary
Our air conditioned 4WD vehicle
A maximum of 15 guests
Iconic stops in Cairns, Cape Tribulation, the Daintree Rainforest, Bloomfield Track, the Lions Den Hotel, Cooktown, and Black Mountain
Departs Cairns on the Cairns to Cooktown 4WD Tour at 6.30am, travelling north along the Coral Sea
Cross the Daintree River, followed by a stop in Cape Tribulation
Continue along the iconic 4WD Bloomfield Track
Stop at Wujal Wujal Falls
Visit the Lions Den Hotel
Next it’s time for lunch at the original, historic Cooktown Hotel
After lunch we visit The James Cook Museum
No trip to Cooktown is complete without a visit to the Cooktown historic Botanical Gardens
Along the way back, we travel through the Black Mountains
Stop at Lakeland Downs
Next is Australia’s richest alluvial gold fields at Palmer River
Stop at Mt Carbine, in the “middle of nowhere”
Lastly, we return to Cairns by approximately 7:00pm
A full day tour in an air conditioned 4WD vehicle
Professional driver with full commentary
Cold bottled water throughout your day
Admission to Australia’s best regional museum, The James Cook Museum
A delicious lunch at the original, historic Cooktown Hotel
National Park Entrance fees
What to bring
Make sure to bring along a hat, some sunscreen, your sunglasses, comfortable walking shoes, and a credit card or cash for purchases you may wish to make along the way. And of course, don’t forget to bring your phone/camera for the memories of your Cairns to Cooktown 4WD Adventure!
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter all or part of a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 14 years of age
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team